These are the things I do daily:
* I often wake up an hour or so before my alarm. This makes me so smug to have another hour left to snuggle back into my doona, but also a little anxious about the forthcoming alarm.
· * The alarm will go off and I will usually hit snooze – 1, 2 or even 3 times!
· * On days I don’t work or don’t have something on in the morning, I will go for a jog along the river.
· * Upon either returning from a jog or getting out of bed, I will put the kettle on, go to the toilet to wee and then sit down to a breakfast of plunger coffee and a bowl of Special K.
· * The aim of this breakfast is to get me to poo, sometimes this happens which is glorious, sometimes it doesn’t which is disappointing.
· * I take a shower, scrub my face, brush my teeth, blowdry my fringe, sometimes put on makeup, sometimes not, pick an outfit depending on how I feel and the weather (but admittedly, mainly on how I feel).
· * If I cycle I put some great music on and cruise around happily to wherever I have to go to – work/ meet up with a friend to write/ rehearsal/ uni.
· * If I drive I take an apple – either a crunchy granny smith or a crispy pink lady – and munch into it while flicking through the radio on my way to wherever I have to go – work/ meet up with a friend to write/ rehearsal/ uni.
· * I usually have more coffee, or perhaps a juice or sometimes a diet coke or lemonade during the day. And lots of water. I usually carry a water bottle with me.
· * Lunch will be something light or none at all – if at home some boiled eggs with spinach from the garden and tomato/ if I’m out sushi, or if I’m at a café with a friend writing I will treat myself to whatever I like – last time we met up was Wednesday and I had a BLT – it was amazing!
· * The afternoon will be spent in so many different ways – reading at my front table, on my computer in my room, perhaps jogging, perhaps a little workout in my bedroom (this is all making me sound much more fit than I am – it’s just that these are all things I do every week!), writing, hanging out with Whil and other friends, wishing work was over already so I could do any of the above …
· * I am more often out at night than at home. At a show, at a talk, at a pub, at a restaurant, at a friend’s house, at a movie, over the summer I spent much of it rehearsing, thinking about or performing a show. During these times I really enjoy having drinks (multiple) and talking with people – really talking with people. I love talking about what I’ve just seen, I love getting to know my friends better, because here in Melbourne most of my friends are people I’ve met in the last 2 years, if not 6 months, except of course for Whil and our othe very dear friend, both of whom I could never know enough about or spend enough time with anyway. I love night times for the endless possibilities they seem to present.
· * If I stay in I usually don’t drink at all, and almost always have the same dinner of baked white fish (Basa usually, but also Blue Granadier, Smoked Cod or occasionally Barramundi), with cracked pepper, salt, lemon and garlic accompanied by a salad – sometimes just a Greek salad but during these hot Summer nights it is often with mango, avocado, chilli, green beans, tomato, lettuce, celery, spring onion and almonds —- it is soooo delicious! This meal is my staple at home meal because it is fresh, easy and makes me feel good, every single time.
· * My bed time routine is a quick shower to wash off the day, a face scrub, brush my teeth, comb my hair, get into my pjs with no undies, put cream on my face and hands, pour a tall glass of water and read for half an hour or so before turning out my light. I will really miss this part especially, it is very special to me, and since breaking up with Francois my bedtime has been like a rediscovery – my own room, my own bed, my own ritual.
* Please Note: I eat ice cream, nibble on nuts and chocolate, smoke occasionally, love a whiskey and have been known to take over a dancefloor until 8am in the morning. This is just to balance what I just re-read over as a very strict, pure lifestyle, and that is not always the case!